Advantages of a TMCH Registration
- Registered trademark owners can register their brand domains early in the so-called Sunrise Periods.
- Potential domain owners will be warned that they possibly commit a trade mark violation upon registration.
- Trademark owners will be informed by TMCH when domains with their brand name are registered in the so-called "Trademark Claims" period.
- Owners of a registered trademark can minimise their costs for monitoring and implementing trademark rights.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH)
In the following, you will find a collection of questions concerning the Trademark Clearinghouse and our services as TMCH Trademark Agent. If your questions are not listed here please feel free to contact us at any time.
Every trademark owner can register their brands in order to protect the corresponding brand names from infringement through third parties.
We can submit and maintain your application on your behalf. Make use of our comprehensive TMCH services. We can coordinate the necessary information and submit your Trademark Records.
TMCH Services Price List
|Period||Fee (EUR)||Fee incl. VAT (EUR)|
No. There are certain rules that define which terms based on which trademark registrations can be registered in the TMCH:
- Trademarks have to be registered on a national level at least. Multinational trademark registrations or international brands (based on a national trademark registration) are also possible.
- Brand names that begin with a dot (such as .brand) or with the word "dot" (dotbrand) are not allowed.
- Special characters that are included in a brand name but cannot be replicated in the Domain Name System (DNS) may be omitted or replaced with a hyphen.
Trademarks recorded in the Trademark Clearinghouse have priority in registering new Top Level Domains in the so-called Sunrise Periods. If you plan to register one or several new Top Level Domains for your trademarks then you should register in the TMCH. In that way, you can participate in the Sunrise Periods.
Additionally, registered brand owners will be notified of domain registrations including the trademarked name and possible infringement of your trademark in a new gTLD.
Yes of course. There is no limitation on the number of entries in the TMCH.